I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

New Style



I went out to paint here in Venice the other day. I set up my stool, took out my paints, and realized I did not have a paintbrush or a waterbrush. I did not even have my ink pen. All I had was a ballpoint pen and pencil. I sketched with the ballpoint pen and then used a twig to add the color to the building. It gave it a textured effect, dont you think? I also used my fingers to add bigger areas of color and then painted the sky when I got back to the apartment. I guess that just shows that you can use anything to paint. lol

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the 'new style', Joan. Beautiful work - move over Turner and Whistler :) Congratulations on managing to post from Venice too.

AutumnLeaves said...

This is truly glorious, Joan. I find that there is a softness that works well to accentuate the historic feel of the place. And where there is a will, there is surely a way!

Lin said...

CREATIVE and INVENTIVE with glorious results!! BRAVA, Joan -- and I am still envious!

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Helen Percy Lystra said...

I love it... we make do with what we have if we have to don't we.

Michelle Himes said...

Gosh, now you are sounding like me - the forgetting the brushes part anyway. The part about painting with twigs and fingers - not so much. LOL This is just too much. It came out great too! You may be starting a new trend - finger painting in watercolor.

Carol said...

Aren't you the inventive one! Just goes to show....You can make art with anything. Great job. So much fun seeing your sketches from Venice.

http://carolking.wordpress.com