I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Charlotte



This painting was done in plein air at the Maritime Museum in Sayville, NY. I started it one night with the Patchogue Sketch Club. Of course I didn't get to finish it the first night because it got too dark to early to see what I was looking at and painting. I returned the next morning to complete it. Yes, the lighting was different, but I was able to see the aging parts much better. This is 7 x 10 and is presently hanging in Patchogue as part of the Patchogue "Walking Arts Tour."

4 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Well done Joan.

Lin said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!! BRAVA!

Joan said...

Joan - Thanks. You and I have such great places to paint!

Lin - Many thanks.

Michelle Himes said...

Super job on the old tugboat!