I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Monday, November 8, 2010

Railroad Crossing


I must have passed this spot a million times. I really wanted to paint it with the autumn colors, but finding a spot to sit and paint it was a challenge. It has been too cold to sit outside, and this spot is just across from the Sayville train station, so parking is almost impossible...except for the weekend! This is 4 x 6 done in watercolors and ink.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful and full of life and nice gestures. I thought you might be too close to the train tracks!

Joan said...

Jo - Thanks. I was in the car when I was sketching.

Lin said...

absolutely ENCHANTING!!!! I'll be visiting up there for Thanksgiving --- can't wait to see my family .... you bring back such wonderful memories of LI ... LOVE your work, Joan --!!