I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sketchcrawl - Sayville
















































I am happy to be back posting. For some reason I couldn't publish posts for the last week. Nothing worked! Luckily the stars are in alignment and things are working again. lol




Last Saturday was the World Wide Sketchcrawl and I stayed locally in the town of Sayville. I started with a sketch of the Four Star variety store on Main Street with it's Easter decorations and summer lawn furniture outside. Then I moved down the street to sketch the outside of La Tavola, a wonderful restaurant. Next I moved to the grounds of the Maritime Museum. I sketched the greenhouse and one of the boats at the dock.




Please check my fake blog to see what has happened with Angelina.


6 comments:

Lin said...

sO BEAUTIFUL, JOAN! I don't remember much about Sayville except I used to go 'dancing' there when I was a teen ... I love seeing that town thru your eyes and wonderful artwork!

Autumn Leaves said...

Joan, these are so lovely but I have to say that the maritime museum is just phenomenal. I love boat paintings and that is just gorgeous!

Joan said...

Lin - Thanks. I wonder where you went dancing.

Sherry - Thanks. The Maritime Museum grounds are a great place to paint.

Unknown said...

WOW! These are both so wonderful, Joan!! I love the Times Square painting, too. You really have a gift for plein air.

Jo Castillo said...

These are both so lovely. You have a great touch!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Beautiful. I understand about not being able to do something on your computer, I'm still having problems but things are looking up as I've made some headway.