I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bright Begonias


I don't usually paint flowers, but these were out on my patio sitting on my railing all summer. I had 3 flowerboxes of these giant begonias. Two of them fell off the railinglast week because they had grown so tall and topheavy. Some of the flowers broke off, and I ended up putting them down on the ground next to my railing. I love the color of these and decided to paint them before they're gone. This is 10 x 10.

4 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Very pretty. You should do more flowers. My favorite plant is geranium, and I have wanted to draw and paint some for quite awhile. Just haven't gotten to it yet. They seem hard with all the little pieces of the flowers.

Joan said...

I usually do flowers more in a landscape setting, but these were too pretty to pass up. I should take a few photos of them before they die off.

dibujandoarte said...

wonderful watercolours!!!

quirkyartist said...

I love the violet shadows.