I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Paintings from Spain


The paintings I did on my trip to Spain are all 4 x 6. The one on the top was a view behind the resort where we stayed. I titled it "Alcossebre Villa." It is a more local view of the landscape with the terra cotta roof and the olive trees. The painting on the bottom I titled "Oceanfront Alcossebre." There are various sections of beach. This was done near the actual town of Alcossebre. The ocean promanade has many cafes and restaurants where you can sit and watch the Mediterranean.








7 comments:

Holly Lombardo said...

Joan...these are beautiful! you are so lucky to travel and then come home to document what you saw in such a beautiful way!

Robyn Sinclair said...

These are gorgeous Joan! Great perspective too. They certainly would have been worthy of your new watercolour Moleskine. But I can't talk, I've recently been given a new watercolour sketchbook and haven't been able to bring myself to risk 'spoiling' it with a bad painting. This is a very common phobia it seems.;)

Joan said...

Holly - Thanks. I did quite a few small paintings while I was in Spain for the week, and will post a few at a time. I was also in Germany, but the weather there was too cold for plein air painting. I did a few paintings indoors there.

Robyn - I think I need to do that first sketch in the moleskin sketchbook and then I won't hesitate to use it. I've had the book for a few months now. I had fun doing these. Most of them were done in ink & watercolor.

Ron Morrison said...

Very nice Joan, done in an appealing style.

"JeanneG" said...

Ve4y pretty. You just have to use the Moleskine. I hesitated using my first but finally did. The first drawing was bad. I messed it up. So I had a name sticker and stuck that over it. After that I decided oh well. For a long time I did my scavenger hunts in mine. You can always buy another. I have filled two mostly with scavenger items. I bought a new one for my hospital/recovery and will use it while I am there and after I come home.

Joan said...

Ron, It's always fun to capture someplace new with my paints.

Jeanne, The only problem with the moleskin is that when you're done with a painting you can't give it away. Sometimes I like to do that.

quirkyartist said...

I'm not sure what part of Spain you're in, but the one with the winding road really reminds me of Majorca. Oh, I love Spain. I'd move there tomorrow too.