I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Canal Entry and Pellestrina View




Those crumbling builings along the canal were among my favorite things to paint. "Canal Entry" is 4 x 6.
I took a ride by bus to Pellestrina. You get on the bus at Lido and ride to the end of that island. Then the bus drives onto a ferry for a 10 minute ride to the island of Pellestrina. Then the bus will take you all the way through the island of Pellestrina. It was a long ride, and I don't think it was really worth all the time. I somehow missed the scenic part of town. I walked over to the beach which had super clear water. "Pellestrina View" was painted from the beach looking back toward the town.

3 comments:

Lin said...

UTTERLY MAGNIFICENT! OH YOU ARE MAKING ME SO LONG FOR ITALY!

Joan said...

Lin - Glad you are enjoying these so much. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

I just looked at several days worth and I think my favorite is Pallestrina from the beach, where the sand is lumpy and the one with it. These are all very amazing, Joan!