I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Workshop Paintings - Day 4


On day 4 of the workshop with Gerald Brommer we worked on incorporating the environment, weather, time of day, season, and activities of people or animals into our paintings. Again we selected a reference photo and did at least 4 sketches. Then we were to do 2 paintings of the subject, changing the season, weather. etc. I picked a photo I had taken on Monhegan Island in Maine. Jerry had done a demo of painting fog so I did one version in sunlight and one in fog. Each gives a very different feeling about the subject.

6 comments:

Lin said...

JOan I am really loving these from your workshop! I've always just adored the work you do and the style you have-- and these pieces are inspirational!!!!

Joan said...

Lin, Thank you so much. The workshop really made me think about the different views of the same subject. There are endless possibilities.

Ron Morrison said...

I like the top one, but know it was an exercise so its all good!

Joan said...

Ron, Thanks. I like the top one, but learning about painting fog was interesting too. I don't know if I would ever do a painting completely in fog. I like color too much.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Beautiful, Joan, that first painting is stunning. I also like the mood of the fog.

quirkyartist said...

You are so right that each painting has a totally different feel. Fantastic!