I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Journal Fun - Provence







I've been having fun taking the Strathmore Visual Journal Workshops. This is what I did for the second workshop. I extended the pages from a two page spread to four by attaching two extra pages. I sketched the apartment where we stayed in in Provence. I used watercolor and collage to paint the front pages, and outlined most of it with ink. These pages open to a 4 page inside. For the inside pages I used copies of some of my artwork related to Provence, which I then painted over with inktense pencils, and some painted pieces (the grapes, winebottle, and sunflowers) done directly over the journal writing on the page. Now I'm dreaming about how to do Monet's Garden and Venice.

12 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Joan, you are one talented and gifted lady. I love your journal, it's so inspiring.

Can't wait until we paint plein air again.

Have a great day.

Kat Farmer/van Hookens said...

Joan this is super, so lively and a la mode. You really produce some lovely stuff, always enjoy lookin' at yer posts. I'm sure you'll do Monets garden proud... :-)

Shirley said...

Fantastic idea! I just love the inclusion of the items from Provence right inside the house.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh wow, Joan! These are some gorgeous pages!!

Joan said...

Joan - Thanks!

Kat - I'm dreaming about how to do that one. Thank you.

Shirley - Thanks so much!

Sherry - I'm really enjoying doing these. They are different. Thanks.

Lin said...

WHAT A FABULOUS, CREATIVE, COLORFUL JOURNAL, JOAN! WHAT A MEMORY FILLED, BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART!

Tee McNeil Art said...

This is so awesome Joan. I love the painting of your house (of course) on the outside, but to open it up and see so much information about your home and the art you did there. What a treasure!

Thank you so much for sharing~

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Your journal is fantastic! More please.

Joan said...

Lin - Thanks. I plan on doing one on Tuscany, Venice, and Monet's Garden.

Tee - I'm havin' fun!

Carol - It's a bit of a change. Thanks.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

I love your idea for a travel journal... these pages are great.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Lovely journal spreads, Joan - and very timely, as I'm dreaming of Provence myself. Congratulations for sticking with the Strathmore workshops. I started out but it wasn't for me. I enjoy looking at the videos though and am still hanging out for Roz's workshop, which is what I originally signed up for.

Lin said...

these ARE INCRDIBLE! They so remind me of my altered book day s-- I SO LOVE that look and miss doing them! GRAND JOB!