With 2009 quickly approaching I thought it was time to do something different. I saw this list on Jeanne Grant's blog and thought it was interesting. She gives credit to several other people who have done the list on their blogs. I have highlighted those things that I've already done.
1. Started your own blog. (Yes!)
2. Slept under the stars. (in Greece and Spain in my younger days)
3. Played in a band. (no musical talent)
4. Visited Hawaii. (much too long ago)
5. Watched a meteor shower. (It was great!)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. (a few times)
8. Climbed a mountain. (part of one in Switzerland)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. (Heavens, no!)
11. Bungee jumped. (Heavens, no!)
12. Visited Paris. (I was there long enough to have lunch between train rides, and hope to go back for a real visit.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (from the safety of my car)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15 . Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (possibly)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (twice)
18. Grown your own vegetables. (in container pots)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (not yet)
20. Slept on an overnight train. (many times when I toured Europe with my sister and friends in college, but we slept in seats, not a sleeping compartment.)
21 . Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. (The most memorable time was from Switzerland to Italy through the mountains.)
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.
24. Built a snow fort. (more like an igloo)
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. (our gondolier even sang for us)
29. Seen a total eclipse. (while visiting California)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (MANY times!)
31. Hit a home run. (not very athletic)
32. Been on a cruise. (to Nassau & Bermuda)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. (Sadly not yet.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community. (Lancaster, PA)
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (content)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (visited Tuscany, but not Pisa)
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David. (Yes!)
41. Sung karaoke. (once with 2 other people)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach at moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (thankfully, no)
47. Had your portrait painted. (self-portrait several times and someone did a cartoon of me)
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (only fished from a rowboat not far from shore)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (Awesome!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Snorkeling in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. (sold silk scarves and jewelry I made at craft shows)
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served in a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. (frequently)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. (many years ago)
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (I had a doll for a long time, but I think it is gone now.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. (didn't like it)
72. Pieced a quilt. (a very small one)
73. Stood in Times Square. (many times)
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. (fractured my finger the summer after 1st grade)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (It wasn't really speeding. We were on the beach in Daytona, Florida.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (from the North Rim)
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (several times)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (dressed in a Chinese costume for an international dinner)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Do lobsters count?)
88. Had chickenpox. (I think.)
89. Saved someone's life.
90. Sat on a jury. (twice - once we were sequestered overnight)
91. Met someone famous. (Donald Southerland, Michael Feinstein, and the actress who plays Erica Kane on the soap opera.)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. (too many)
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. (Ouch!)
100. Read an entire book in one day. (several times)