I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

River View


One of the good things about living on Long Island is the variety of water views we have here. It was warm enough to head out in my car "studio" again yesterday and do a plein air. This was done at Sunken Meadow State Park looking toward a small river that flow through it. This is 4 x 6. It was nice enough outside that when I finished painting I went for a long walk along the boardwalk. What a treat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan, wanted to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Yes the Virtual Paintout is fun isn't it! it is always great to see what everyone comes up with. Wishing you continued Happy Painting!

Lin said...

And you joy shows -- wonderfully done, Joan -- One day, if I ever get back to NY to visit my sisters, I hope we can paint together!

Autumn Leaves said...

This is such a pretty painting, Joan. It sounds as though you like to just get out and see what you can see in nature, much as I do. Love the traveling studio idea too! I am angling for a traveling watercolor kit around here. I need to plant a bug in the husband's ear, I think.

Joan said...

Julie - Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

Lin - Thanks! Painting together sounds like a great idea.

Sherry - Thanks so much. I'm always happy when I can get out and paint.