I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Loire Valley - Part II









I awoke early in the Loire Valley so I painted the floral arrangement on the dining room table ("Le Fleur" 4 x 6 watercolor). Luckily I can paint anytime. The second painting was of a hotel in Amboise near the river. I loved the bright yellow stripes on the canopies ("Amboise Charm" 4 x 6 watercolor and ink). I just had to paint a castle while I was there, and although Chenonceau is considered a "chateau" it looked enough like a castle for me. I sat on a bench in the garden area with a view of the towers that blocked out the scaffolding that covered a big part of the outside because they are doing renovations...just my luck. lol ("Chateau Chenonceau" 4 x 6 watercolor and ink)
Katherine Tyrrell was in France at almost the same time as I was visiting. She has wonderful sketches, photos links, and video links on her two wonderful blogs. Check them out if you have the time.

4 comments:

Lin said...

I cannot believe how many paintings you get done!!!! I am awed! You must paint so quickly ... and what incredible results, Joan! These are wonderful ..... the perspective on the awning - !! WOW! And the flowers ... all of these1! Are they in a journal?

Joan said...

Lin - Thanks. I was averaging 2 small paintings a day. These are loose and were done on 4 x 6 watercolor postcards. The ones I did of Provence are in a 5 x 7 journal.

Making A Mark said...

Thanks for the mention Joan! :)

Chateau is in fact French for castle! ;)

I've got my sketch of the Château de Chenonceau coming up later on my sketchblog. Scaffolding is just so irrtitating!

We were there on 8th October - what date were you there?

Ai said...

The flower arrangement was so charming. Gorgeous Chateau.