I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Celebrating the New Year!







I decided to start the new year off right, so I headed down to the beach at Robert Moses State Park on Jan. 1 where I stood outside and did 2 plein air paintings of the snow on the dunes. The temperatures were really mild so I hiked to the lighthouse, took a break, and then wandered further down the road as far as Kismet, a beach community on Fire Island. I've never walked past the lighthouse before so this was a new adventure for 2011. I'm sure it looks different in the summer than it does under snow. I'll definitely have to walk back in warmer weather.

3 comments:

Michelle Himes said...

I just knew that you would be out there in the snow painting. LOL Nice little sketches - especially the one with the dunes and fence.

Lin said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR JOAN! WONDERFUL WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR!! I LOVE THE DUNES AND WITH THE SNOW, THEY'RE EXTRA SPECIAL! HERE'S TO MORE OF YOUR WONDERFUL WORK IN 2011!

Joan said...

Mickey - Thanks. The snow doesn't look much different than the sand. lol

Lin - Many thanks!!