I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved!!! Please come visit my new blog at:

http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter ("Odd Man Out")

Happy Easter to all! (or Happy Passover or just Happy Day if you're not celebrating.) This was the painting I used for my Easter cards this year. I had seen someone do a painting of Peeps once, and that thought just stuck in my head. This is about 6 x 8 and was done from my own setup. As soon as I finished the painting I gave all the Peeps away so I wouldn't eat them.

4 comments:

Lin said...

JOAN!!! I OPENED YOUR BLOG AND LAUGHED MYSELF OFF THE CHAIR! OF COURSE I HAVE THESE FOR MY CHILDREN AND GRANDS -- AND YOU DID ONE HECK OF AN OUTSTANDING JOB ON THEM!!! GLORIOUSLY DONE, JOAN... AND CHALLENGING AS WELL!!! GOOD EATING -- ON SUNDAY, WHEN I CAN HAVE SWEETS ONCE MORE!! BRAVA!

Michelle Himes said...

This is beyond adorable! I love that little yellow guy.

Michelle said...

I love this painting! I was just thinking that I wish I had peeps to paint! No one in my family every eats them so I don't buy them anymore...but they are really cute!

Joan said...

Lin - Thanks!! I saw someone do a painting of them once and I knew I had to do one. Luckily I don't really like them...chocolate yes...so it was safe having them around.

Mickey - I thought it would be different. Thanks.

Michelle - Thank you. And you can't just buy one little box. The sell them in packages of two boxes each and I wanted two colors. Now what do you do with 4 boxes of peeps? Luckily I was seeing my niece and she loves them.